Davido was born David Adeleke on November 21, 1992 in Atlanta, Georgia to the wealthy Nigerian family of Dr. Adedeji Adeleke, co-founder of Adeleke University in Osun State and CEO of Pacific Holdings Limited.
He attended the British International School in Lagos before moving to Alabama, USA at the age of 16 to pursue a degree in business administration at Oakwood University.
While in Oakwood, Davido purchased musical equipment and began producing beats. He also formed the music group KB International with his cousins B-Red and Sina Rambo.
Davido left Oakwood University to pursue music full time and went to London to focus on his vocals.
Upon his return to Nigeria in 2011, he put his singing career on hold and agreed to attend Babcock University in order to respect his father.
In July 2015, he graduated from Babcock with an Upper Second Class Diploma in Music after his father funded the university to set up a music department for a first class of a student.
Davido net worth 2022
Davido is a Nigerian-American singer, songwriter and record producer with a net worth of $40 million, making him the second richest artist in Nigeria. His primary source of income comes from digital sales of his songs, albums, sold-out concerts, YouTube music videos, and endorsement deals.
While simultaneously earning millions from his music videos, he is the only Nigerian musician with over 750 million video views on YouTube.
Other sources of his money include sponsorship partnerships with MTN, Guinness Nigeria and Infinix mobile.
In December 2021, he and his management said in a now-deleted post that the artist had earned over $20 million.
Davido is 29 at the moment.
Davido made his worldwide debut in October 2011 with the release of his single “Dami Duro”, produced by Shizzi.
When Dami Duro’s video was released in January 2012, it quickly became the talk of the town, receiving huge airplay across Nigeria.
On July 17, 2012, Dami Duro singer released his debut studio album, Omo Baba Olowo (Child of a Wealthy Person), through HKN Music Record label.
The album was loaded with hit songs, which helped him gain more admirers; since then, he has released several hits, which have brought him fame, fortune and international recognition.
OBO was produced by Davido, who collaborated with other producers like Jay Sleek, Spellz, Maleek Berry and others. It included well-known artists such as Sina Rambo, Ice Prince, Kay Switch, B-Red, 2 Face and Naeto C.
Davido released his second studio album, “A Good Time”, in 2019, and his third studio album, “A Better Time”, in 2020.
Since its release last year, the album has received over 200 million plays on digital platforms.
Besides earnings from his songs and record sales, Davido’s net worth has been bolstered over the years by signing billion dollar endorsement deals.
Davido signed his first ever major music deal with MTN Nigeria on April 6, 2012, for N30 million.
Davido also signed a partnership with Guinness Nigeria on October 24.
On May 9, 2018, Davido signed another endorsement deal with Infinix Mobile, a Hong Kong-based smartphone brand.
Personal life and relationships
Who is Davido’s girlfriend?
Davido is currently engaged to Chioma Avril Rowland, the mother of his first child, Ifeanyi Adeleke, who was born in 2019. The two famous couples went public with their romance on April 24, 2018, which was also Chioma’s birthday.
Before dating Chioma Avril Rowland, the famous singer was in contact with four other women, her first mom being Sophia Momodu.
Automobiles and homes
The Assurance singer owns two properties in Lagos Nigeria, one in Lekki and the other on Banana Island, both valued at N800 million.
Additionally, there is a vacation mansion in Georgia, USA. His car collection is spectacular, including:
- Chevrolet Camaro GS (₦9.4 million)
- Audi R8 (₦23.4 million)
- Audi Q7 (₦12 million)
- Mercedes-AMG GLS63 (~₦45 million)
- Mercedes G-Wagon (~₦21 million)
- Toyota Land Cruiser (~₦30 million) several cars like a Porsche, Range Rover Sport and Chevrolet Camaro.
- 2019 Rolls Royce Cullinan (~₦350 million)
- Bentley Bentayga (₦108 million)
- Bentley Continental GT (~₦95 million)
- Porsche Panamera Turbo S (~₦22.8 million)
- Range Rover Sports (₦84m – ₦90m)
- Range Rover SV Autobiography (₦98m)
Music honors and recognition
- Artist of the Year, The Headies, 2018
- Artist of the Year, The Headies, 2014
- World hip-hop revelation, The Headies, 2013
- Next ranking, The Headies, 2012
- Male Artist of the Year, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2014
- Best Pop/R&B Artist of the Year, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2013
- Best New Act of the Year, Nigeria Entertainment Awards, 2012
- Best Newcomer Award, Kora Awards, 2012
- Best International Act: Africa, BET Awards, 2014
- Promising young artist, Dynamix All Youth, 2011
- Best West African Male, African Muzik Magazine Awards, 2014
- Artists of the Year, African Muzik Magazine Awards, 2014
- Best Male Artist of the Year, MTV Africa Music Awards, 2014
- African Artist of the Year, Ghana Music Awards, 2014
- Musician of the Year (Male), City People Entertainments Awards, 2014